Tuesday, March 11, 2008

100 things about me

1. I have brown hair.

2. Sometimes it has been red.

3. If the truth be known, it is probably at least half grey anymore.

4. I love my dogs, almost as much as my kids.

5. I collect Christmas ornaments.

6. I hate feeling like my feet are restrained; I don’t even tuck the sheets in at the foot of the bed.

7. I love to cook.

8. My favorite smell is campfires.

9. I used to show horses.

10. I owned a Quarter Horse named Carlos Bars; I sold him when I got married.

11. I should have kept the horse and passed on the husband.

12. I love wearing skirts, but I usually wear jeans.

13. I love to write, I wish I were better at it.

14. Irises are my favorite flowers.

15. I will turn 50 this year, but sometimes I still feel 20.

16. I love the theater and the opera.

17. I like to mow grass.

18. My favorite color is red.

19. I wear Chanel #5 perfume and have since I was in high school.

20. I love being spanked and flogged.

21. I want to be caned, but it scares me.

22. My college dorm was haunted; Ghost Hunters did a show on it.


23. I do believe in spirits, but I don’t believe in ghosts.

24. I am a Christian, but I incorporate some aspects of Taoism in with it.

25. Three places I would really love to travel to are: Angkor Wat, Cambodia, Machu Picchu, Peru, and Stonehenge, United Kingdom.

26. I love ruins and historical sites.

27. I also love tourist traps/roadside attractions, Rock City is my favorite one, but I love the Belles of Cypress Gardens and the Mermaids at Weeki Wachi Springs too.

28. I can’t wear watches; they do not keep time on me.

29. I am allergic to jewelry, unless it is nickel-free.

30. I wanted to major in anthropology, but my parents said no.

31. Tent camping is my favorite vacation.

32. I love to sew, especially quilting.

33. My grandmother taught me to sew on a treadle sewing machine.

34. She also taught me to quilt, but gave up trying to teach me to knit and crochet.

35. I still cannot knit or crochet.

36. I love roller coasters, but not ones where you stand up.

37. I am afraid of heights.

38. I love traveling on trains.

39. I love reading quotes and try to incorporate them into what I write.

40. I think Sean Connery is the sexiest man in the world, but only after he was older.

41. I love Monty Python and I know the words to The Lumberjack Song.

42. I get migraines.

43. I have had 5 knee surgeries.

45. My trachea was severed by a piece of glass when I was two.
46. I really am a bit accident prone.

47. I love pomegranates, but I don’t eat the seeds.

48. I have three grandchildren, I love doing things with them.

49. They wear me out.

50. I am wondering if I can think of 50 more semi-interesting things about me.

51. Toffifays are my favorite candy, but they’re hard to find.

52. I smoke, even though I know I should quit.

53. I play with my hair and bite my lip when I am nervous or thinking.

54. I try to buy myself fresh flowers once a week.

55. I love fish and seafood, but I hate oysters.

56. I drove a 1972 Dodge Charger in high school.

57. I love muscle cars and car shows.

58. I like to study philosophy and religions.

59. I love the beach and the mountains.

60. I have never traveled outside North America.

61. I love crosswords and word puzzles.

62. I have one brother and two sisters.

63. I am the baby of the family.

64. I love to read.

65. Biographies and memoirs are my favorite genre.

66. I was a daddy’s girl; I really miss my father since he died.

67. He and I used to sail and canoe together.

68. Sometimes I still sleep in one of his old shirts.

69. I kept his slide rule.

70. I am determined to get my Master’s Degree.

71. I love school.

72. I collect music boxes; I love to listen to them.

73. I collect iron doorstops.

74. I collect way too much junk.

75. When I was little, I thought Memorial Day parades were held for my birthday.

76. I love watching fireworks.

77. I am a cancer survivor.

78. Death does not scare me.

79. I love flying kites.

80. I have always had few, but close friends.

81. I love thunder storms, the more severe the better.

82. I hate violence, but like watching boxing.

83. I am sapiosexual.

84. I am a bit of a masochist.

85. I am fascinated by fire.

86. I have a very low tolerance for stupid people.

87. The most famous person I ever met was Margaret Mead.

88. My favorite holiday is Christmas, followed by Halloween.

89. I enjoy going to museums.

90. Working third shift at 7/11 was the worst job I ever had.

91. Working at a stable was the best job I ever had.

92. I am an expert shot with handguns.

93. I have shot a sawed-off shotgun and an AK-47.

94. Giving birth, twice, was the most amazing experience I ever had.

95. I breastfed both my sons.

96. Only five more to go, and yes I am cheating.

97. I have been married and divorced twice.

98. My second husband abused me.

99. I am good at jigsaw puzzles.

100. I have nightmares that I am being strangled.

No comments: